Electrical drawings, sometimes mentioned as wiring diagrams, are a kind of technical drawing that provide visual representation describing electrical systems or circuits. they’re wont to explain the planning to electricians or other workers who will use them to assist install or repair electrical systems.
A set of electrical drawings on a project might include:
- A site plan which shows the situation of the building and any external wiring.
- Floor plans which show the positions of electrical systems on each floor.
- Wiring diagrams which show the physical connections and layout of electrical circuits.
- Schedules and other information.
Electrical drawings for buildings tend to incorporate the subsequent details:
- How the electrical wires and other parts of the system are interconnected and switched.
- Where fixtures and other components hook up with the system.
- Incoming power lines and their voltage, size, capacity and rating.
- Power transformers and their winding connection and means of grounding.
- The main switches, fused switches and tie breakers.
- Equipment like batteries, air con, solar panels, generators, and so on, including their voltage and size.
They typically feature complex symbols and annotations to represent and explain components of the system.